Wednesday, July 12, 2006

South Beach

  • South Beach Diet: The Delicious, Doctor Designed, Foolproof Plan for Fast and Healthy Weight Loss by Arthur Agatston, M.D.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I never thought I'd end up reading it, but I picked it up to look through it at Barnes and Nobles. I thought it was unique that the book actually suggested ways for you to eat your favorites, like PB&J's, Bacon, etc. The book doesn't tell you that you can't eat things, it just suggests better combinations for you to try. Like, limit the jelly and put it on pita bread. I'd like to say that I'd never seen a diet book that did that, but I've never picked up a diet book so that doesn't work. I really enjoyed it and read it in less than a day (half the book's menus, but I read through those too). Even if you don't plan on dieting, I think the book is just good for you to have a better understanding of what food does to you, and why you're still hungry after you eat a lot of the time.

0 comments: