Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The Communist Manifesto

  • The Communist Manifesto - Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I thought that this was something that I should read at some point in my life. Especially since I'm going to have to talk about it when teaching modern history. Plus, one should always read sorce documents when available. There are a few good quotes in the book and I see how it could appeal to the working class. However, I've also seen what life is like in Communist countries. In an ideal world some of the theories might work, but some people will always take advantage of others when given the opportunity which means that there will never truely be a classless society. The manipulation of the masses seems to be a favorite past time.

0 comments: