Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Key to Rebecca

  • The Key to Rebecca - Ken Follett

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So, I'm kind of at a loss of words. It's late, I've been working like crazy, and I've mentally shut down since tomorrow - um...today - is the start of my weekend. The book was enjoyable for the most part. However, the character Sonja kind of bothered me. She had a somewhat disturbing event in her childhood that just resulted in a fetish that I really didn't feel like reading about. Minus that one issue I liked the book. I love the kid (Billy) - even though he's a minor character for most of the book - Elene, Vandam, and even Wolff. Plot wise it's another spy verses spy theme. There was a few really good explainations off life in Ciaro during WWII and I found a lot of the information fascinating.

"'Quickly' meant 'within the next few days'; 'immediately' meant ' tomorrow.' - 375 (on the nomadic concept of time)

0 comments: