Tuesday, March 02, 2010

March 10 (31)

Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) - Ilona Andrews

The first book took a little bit of time to get into the world, but book 2 and 3 are great. If you can get to book 2 you'll be hooked.

Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2) - Ilona Andrews

A lot of fun. Great way to end a book. Although, if you can't go straight to book 3 then I guess it would drive you absolutely batty.

Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3) - Ilona Andrews

Enjoyable. Stayed up all night finishing it since there didn't seem like a good place to put it down. All I'm going to say is that Kate should have known better than to make deals with Curran.

On the Edge (The Edge, #1) - Ilona Andrews

I tried to read this and put it down at first. After reading Kate Daniels and getting to know what she means by a world with magic in it this one made more sense and I was really able to enjoy it. I can't wait for book 2.

Ironside (The Modern Faerie Tales, #3) - Holly Black

I liked that the characters from book 1 and 2 combined a bit. At first it was odd to just randomly go back to the original characters, but you get over it.

Silver Borne (Mercedes Thompson, #5) - Patricia Briggs

I love the series, but this one wasn't my favorite.

Divine By Mistake (Parholon, #1) - P.C. Cast

Enjoyable.

Dark Challenge (Carpathians, #5) - Christine Feehan

It was better than some of the previous ones because I didn't feel like the girl was being forced into sex. Thank goodness.
It has the same formula as the rest of the series so far:
A Carpathian male is close to ending their life because it sucks and they don't want to turn into a vampire, they find their life-mate, she doesn't want to be forced into a series relationship that fast, she gets into it anyway, a vampire wants to steal the girl and/or kill the male (generally both), the vampire dies and they live happily ever after, despite the girl being somewhat smothered by an over protective husband.

Lover Beware (Drake Sisters, #1; World of the Lupi Prequel) - Christine Feehan

I'm impressed with this anthology. I enjoyed the stories.

Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) - Kami Garcia

It's an interesting story. It took forever to build, but it managed to stay interesting. I think it could have been done a little better, but it was still good.

Dead Witch Walking (Rachel Morgan/The Hallows, #1) - Kim Harrison

I had high expectations because people have talked this author up a lot. I liked it, but it didn't meet those expectations. I think I would have been happier if I had gone into the story without having ever heard anything about it before. I'll definitely keep reading though.

The Good, The Bad, and the Undead (Rachel Morgan/The Hallows, #3) - Kim Harrison

Much better than the first book. Maybe it's because I know the characters now, maybe it was the plot. I'm not sure what set it apart.

Cinderella - Henry Hewet

Typical.

Need (Need, #1) - Carrie Jones

I like the series, but I don't LOVE the series.

Captivate (Need, #2) - Carrie Jones

Holy Smokes (Aisling Gray, Guardian, #4) - Katie MacAlister

The most entertaining AGG book so far.

A Girl's Guide to Vampires (Dark Ones, #1) - Katie MacAlister

I liked the 1st book a bit, but I've grown tired of the series. I feel the need to finish it, but I can't seem to motivate myself to do so.

Sex and the Single Vampire (Dark Ones, #2) - Katie MacAlister

Sex, Lies and Vampires (Dark Ones, #3) - Katie MacAlister

Even Vampires Get the Blues (Dark Ones, #4) - Katie MacAlister

Playing with Fire (Silver Dragons, #1) - Katie MacAlister

This series is a little better then AGG even though it's the spin-off.

Up in Smoke (Silver Dragons, #2) - Katie MacAlister

Me and My Shadow (Silver Dragons, #3) - Katie MacAlister

Succubus Shadows (Georgina Kincaid, #5) - Richelle Mead

Georgina is back! Seth, Roman, Carter...I really enjoyed the story. I wasn't as big on the events concerning the villain this time, but it served it's purpose to further the drama and bring new information forward (which I did like). I did figure out the conclusion that Georgina comes to at the end of the book as soon as Mead started hinting that something was going on. I feel like it was very fitting and makes since in the grand theme of the story. (Although, I didn't like the consequences of what she does at the end. She'll regret it later.) I just wish I had about a thousand more pages to read.


Eragon (Inheritance, #1) - Christopher Paolini

The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) - Rick Riordan

Ok. Would be better if I was a kid. Not loving it, not hating it.

The Titans Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3) - Rick Riordan

The Vampire and the Virgin (Love at Stake, #8) - Kerrelyn Sparks

Not loving the title, but like her other books, i enjoyed it. If you liked her previous books, you'll like this one. There are so many couples from all the books I had issues remembering who a few of them were. (The couple from book 2.) First Kerrelyn taunts me with Venice, now she's making me crave a trip to Greece. She's playing off my need to travel.

Voices of Dragons - Carrie Vaughn

I love that the book touches on prejudices and the fears that people have of people/ideas/things in general that are foreign to them. That, if it weren't for the bigots in this world, peace could be more of a possibility than it currently is.

Blood Lines (World of the Lupi, #3) - Eileen Wilks

Still enjoying the series.

Night Season (World of the Lupi, #4) - Eileen Wilks

0 comments: