Monday, August 13, 2007

Lie Down With Lions

  • Lie Down With Lions - Ken Follett

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I know I know I know! I need to read something other than Ken Follett! Don't worry, I'm getting close to running out of books by him. This book was a little different from the other spy books. It took place in Afghanistan and the primary spy isn't necessarily spying. As usually, it is initially based on real events. It's easy to overlook the thought that it was the U.S. that armed Afghanistan so that they could fight against the Soviet Union. We worked to unite the tribes and modernized their weaponry. The book really sheds light on how harsh the landscape really is and why it's nearly impossible for any army to successfully do anything in that territory.

"'Religious conviction may thwart a timid desire but nothing can stand against genuine lust.'" -64

0 comments: