Saturday, October 07, 2006

Dracula

  • Dracula - Bram Stoker

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'm a scardy cat so I put off reading this for a very long time. However, it wasn't really scary. For the most part I kept imagining the characters as those in Mel Brooks' Dracula: Dead and Loving It. It's hard to get freaked out when you're imagining spoof characters. However, there was a part that did kind of get to me because it had to do with wolves and I read it at 3am with every dog in the neighborhood going off. Besides that it was all rather disapointing. By using journals, Bram Stoker had an interesting way of being able to switch perspectives while still using the first person. While that was interesting, the final scene felt like he was simply ready to finish the book and it was written without as much detail or adventure as one might assume was coming.

0 comments: