Thursday, September 06, 2007

Night Over Water

  • Night Over Water - Ken Follett

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



I was nervous about starting this book since it has to do with an incident on a plane. I rather expected it to be some form of airborne hijacking and I hate thinking about that stuff since I fly on occasion. Also, it just seems inappropriate to read something like that for entertainment purposes. Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised by the text. Yes, things go awry; but the story is based during WWII and, while the terror is real, the era has passed which seems to assuage ones fears. There's a little bit of romance and a bit of adventure - the typical outline for an ordinary book, but Follett seems to continually write books that retain my focus and make me excited to move on to his next. I believe there's only 2 more for me to read (although one of them he openly admits to being before he truly refined his skills as a writer - a mere work in progress). Come early October he will have his sequel to The Pillars of the Earth in stores so I have something to look forward to. Now, if only Ross King and Leonard Shlain would publish something new for me to read... =)

0 comments: