Tuesday, September 04, 2007

The Thrid Twin

  • The Third Twin - Ken Follett

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

There was something about this book that I loved. For some reason I expected I'd enjoy it, but I didn't think I'd like it as much as I did. I guess I judged it by its cover. Once again I found myself completely behind the main female character. She's strong willed and determined, but she's not invulnerable.

The plot is a little odd for Follett - no spies involved. Well, okay, a stakeout, but no professional spies. (Not all of his books are spy novels, but about half of them are.) It's about a determined girl who is doing nature verses nurture experiments on twins who have been separated at birth and raised in different settings. She comes across identical twins with different biological mothers before the days of cloning embryos. She finds herself in the middle of a huge scandal and must fight to keep her job and to get to the bottom of the scandal.

0 comments: